Register HERE at the beginning of the month to insure participation in the upcoming tele-interview.

Daniel Porot

August 13, 2009

How to help your interviewer hire you…in a time of crisis
10 am Pacific, 11 am Mountain, Noon Central, 1 pm EST, 7 pm Zurich and Istanbul

In this international tele-interview call, Daniel will present a worldwide perspective on interviewing in a time of crisis.  He will be calling in from Switzerland. Discover best ways to identify the four key characteristics of an interviewer in the time of crisis. Develop four pitches for each one of the four decision criteria of interviewers in a time of crisis. Master most efficient strategies to get the job you want in a time of crisis: focal points, back planning, Bermuda triangle.

Three-Minute Interview Test To Improve Your Job Interview Skills

In preparation for Daniel Porot's interview, take his 3-Minute Interview Test. View:

www.porot.com...

Interview Questions

• First, I haven't seen you for several years, since the International Career Development Conference closed, though I hear that you lecture around the world.  I read in the news about the international career scene, but I would like to hear from you directly – what's the hiring scene like in Europe and globally in this time of crisis?
  • How is hiring different in a time of crisis than in normal times?
  • What are the four key characteristics of an interviewer in a time of crisis?
  • What kinds of skills work best for an interviewee in a time of crisis?
  • In your topic description, you mention strategies to get the job you want in a time of crisis.  You noted three strategies:  focal points, back planning, and Bermuda triangle.  Could you explain what each of these strategies are and why they are efficient?
  • You are known for using games to teach career development skills, such as the Interview Quiz that you gave listeners before this interview.  How did you get into the game business and have you found it effective?  If so, why?
  • You have quite an extensive website.  How do people use it?  Who is your target audience?
  •  How can career professionals use your website?

If we have time:

• Your website is filled with job search games and tips.  Upon viewing your website, I noticed that you also advise entrepreneurs and small businesses, which are the fastest growing sector of the economy.  Do you plan to expand your games and tips to entrepreneurs and consultants?

Introduction

Before we begin, I would like to remind listeners to press 5* if you have a questions.  Please keep your questions brief because we have many more listeners on the line than we expected. Complete your evaluation after the interview, especially if you want CEUs.

Daniel Porot is one of Europe's leading pioneers in Career Design and Job Hunting. Daniel and his team of trainers have run workshops, seminars and conferences in 30 different countries throughout the world teaching over 50 different nationalities. To date, more than 70,000 participants have attended their workshops. Daniel co-taught with Richard N. Bolles (author of "What Color Is Your Parachute?") at Richard's annual two-week summer workshop for 20 years.

I first met Daniel at the International Career Development Conference where I attended his Professional Development Institute. The session was like Grand Central Station, with participants running around the room, posting responses to questions on the wall and with volunteers engaging in career scenerios with the master, himself. I expect this tele-interview to be just as lively!

Welcome Daniel - here's my first question...

Conclusion

Thank you Daniel, for your interviewing insights in these tumultuous times. Listeners - join us August 30 to hear Angela Byars-Winston from the University of Wisconsin talk about Culture and Career Development: What Difference Does Difference Make. On September 10, we welcome Jim Bright from Australia talk about The Work You Have To Do in a Constantly Shifting Environment (Jim was keynote at the NCDA Conference this summer).  On September 24, Jennifer Kahnweiller talks about The Introverted Leader: Buiding on Your Quiet Strengths. Thank you listeners and a special thank you to the subscribing associations and organizations that make these tele-interviews possible.