Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 7:00 am Pacific,7:00 am Mountain, 9:00 am Central, 10:00 am EST, 11:00 pm Atlantic, 4:00 pm Zurich, 5:00 pm Istanbul, Dubai 7:00 pm
The Coach’s Studio; Where Outrageously Creative Coaching Happens
The world has change in the two short years since Becoming a Life Change Artist was first published. One of the sources Fred Mandell cites is the IBM Global CEO Study which surveyed over 1500 CEOs around the world and identified creativity as their number one leadership need. The world has become more complex, the pace of change has accelerating and the world is a lot more interconnected. Under these conditions creativity, agility, inventiveness are at a premium. Fred has also indicated these conditions of complexity, pace of change and interconnectivity apply whether you are in the corporate world or not. The question isn’t whether we need to develop our creative skills and those of our clients but how.
Fred Mandell is a former corporate executive who is now an artist, writer and creative catalyst to individuals and organizations. He is co-author with Kathleen Jordan of the award winning Becoming a Life Change Artist; 7 Creative Skills to Reinvent Yourself at Any Stage of Life (Penguin.) He has helped thousands of individuals and their organizations internationally to develop their creative skills and enhance their personal and professional growth.
The Coach’s Studio: Where Outrageously Creative Coaching Happens
Fall Session begins October 3rd!
The Coach’s Studio includes a highly interactive, self paced online learning program that is supported through five teleconference calls, a dedicated Coach’s Studio Community Forum and Collaborating Partner relationships.
Following the publication of our award winning book, Becoming a Life Change Artist; 7 Creative Skills to Reinvent Yourself at Any Stage of Life (Penguin Avery,) readers kept asking when do we plan to train others on the groundbreaking and life changing concepts and tools in the book? We have teamed with nationally recognized coach Donna Krone. Together, we spent over a year developing, piloting and refining the program. As you can see from a sampling of the testimonials we think we have struck a powerful note with coaches in a wide variety of coaching disciplines.
The purpose of the online training program is to equip coaches with the tools, concepts, resources and techniques to help their clients creatively navigate change in their lives. So if you work with clients in the areas of life change, career change, relationship change or you work with organizational leaders or you work with clients who face creative dilemmas related to work, transitions, creativity, discipline, wellness, spirituality, family, purpose and meaning, this program will enhance your ability to deliver powerful, paradigm shifting language and self empowering tools to your clients.
Who is The Coach’s Studio for?
This program is exclusively for coaches who work in the above areas.
What do you receive?
The Coach’s Studio includes:
- 9 Topic online, self paced, interactive, content rich training program, designed to be completed over a 10 week time frame.
- Access to The Coach’s Studio Community Forum
- 5 scheduled teleconference calls with Fred Mandell PhD, Kathy Jordan PhD, and Donna Krone, CPCC. October 3, October 17, November 7, November 28 and December 12. All calls between 7:30 and 9 pm eastern.
- “Creative Skills at a Glance,” showing which creative skills and exercises to use in various coaching situations
- License, upon completion, to use all material with clients. Use of Life Change Artist Logo (at top of page) affiliated with your website
- Affiliate status so you can earn additional revenues by referring other coaches to the program
- Listing on the Life Change Artist website as a licensed LCA coach.
- A special rate to bring clients through the program
- Right to use The Coach’s Studio pre-formatted workshops
- 6 CEUs in core competencies by
The full price for the program is $1197. We are offering an early bird discount of $250 for those who register by October 3.
Before we begin, here are a few instructions for listeners:
- If you have a question, press 5* on your phone.
- Directly after the interview, be sure to fill out the evaluation linked to your call-in instructions, especially if you want to earn CEUs.
- Please register at least 24 - 48 hours before the interview so we have time to send out the call-in information.
- If you'd like to listen to more of these tele-interviews, and your organization is not currently a subscriber, contact me with someone I can talk with about subscribing your organization so you can listen for free (except for the cost of your distance provider). Email info@ careerwell.org or call 415.312.4294.
This is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwell Tele-Interviews. Our speaker today, Fred Mandell, s a former corporate executive who is now an artist, writer and creative catalyst to individuals and organizations. He is co-author with Kathleen Jordan of the award winning Becoming a Life Change Artist; 7 Creative Skills to Reinvent Yourself at Any Stage of Life (Penguin.) Fred and Kathleen have developed a unique training program for coaches. In this interview, Fred will tell us about the theory behind the training program and his motivation for offering it. Welcome Fred!
1. How has the world changed in the two short years since the book that you co-authored, Becoming a Life Change Artist, was published?
2. In the introductory overview of your interview, you cited an IBM Global CEO Study which surveyed over 1500 CEOs around the world and identified creativity as their number one leadership need. Why do you think creativity is the number one leadership need for executives around the world?
3. How do you teach creativity ?
4. Could you do a sample exercise right now on how to teach creativity?
5. In your exercise posted on your Careerwelll page, you use the term "mindful floating." What does that term mean and what are the four elements of "mindful floating?"
6. I understand you are now connecting a training program for coaches. There are many training programs for coaches. What is special about your training program?
7. What will you know when you come out of the training; i.e., what are the learning objectives of the training? How will you know the students have met these objectives?
8. What format do you use to teach the training? How have you found distance training compared to in-person training?
9. What are your plans for future work?
Upcoming September Interview