Hear! Here! Now!
Thursday, June 7, 2012, 8:00 am Pacific, 8:00 am Mountain, 10:00 am Central, 11:00 am EST, 12:00 pm Atlantic, 5:00 pm Zurich, 6:00 pm Istanbul, Dubai 8:00 pm
Did you know there is a direct link between hearing loss and dementia? In a recent study conducted at John Hopkins researchers found that people who are hard of hearing have increased odds of developing dementia as they age, and the worse their hearing, the greater their risk. However, and this is the crucial part, that same report goes on to state that “hearing aids...could delay or prevent dementia by improving patients' hearing”. MORE...
Ray Hill has been providing in-home hearing health care in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1993. He travels throughout the bay area (and sometimes a little bit beyond) in order to help those who find it difficult or impossible to come into an office.
Before we begin, here are a few instructions for listeners:
- If you have a question, press 5* on your phone.
- Directly after the interview, be sure to fill out the evaluation linked to your call-in instructions, especially if you want to earn CEUs.
- Please register at least 24 - 48 hours before the interview so we have time to send out the call-in information.
- If you'd like to listen to more of these tele-interviews, and your organization is not currently a subscriber, contact me with someone I can talk with about subscribing your organization so you can listen for free (except for the cost of your distance provider). Email info@ careerwell.org or call 415.312.4294
This is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwell Tele-Interviews. Our guest today, Ray Hill, has been providing in-home hearing health care in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1993. Unline many health care providers, that have a storefront and serve mostly individuals in their local community, Ray Hill travels throughout the Bay area (and sometimes a little bit beyond) in order to help those who find it difficult or impossible to come into an office. Welcome Ray!
- Ray, why did you change from having a storefront to traveling to client's homes?
- Do you think this personal service is a trend? If so, why?
- Now I have a few questions about your services, then I shall ask more about on the nature of your profession in case listeners are interested in this type of work for themselves or for their clients.
- What are the most common causes of hearing loss?
- What are the symptoms of hearing loss?
- Is hearing loss growing or diminishing?
- Are people developing more hearing loss due to the inscrease in technologies?
- What are the psychological effects of hearing impairment?
- What is the relationship between hearing loss and dementia?
- What innovations are being made in the hearing health care field? (i.e., audio signal from TV and/or cell phone, feedback eliminator, noise reduction, mercury free batteries)
- What kinds of occupational opportunities does this field offer?
- How and why did you get into this field?
- Do you like your job? What do you offer that is special in your field?
- What are your future career plans?