Thursday, 1/24/13, 8:00 am Pacific, 9:00 am Mountain, 10:00 am Central, 11:00 am EST, 12:00 pm Atlantic, 5:00 pm Zurich, 6:00 pm Istanbul, Dubai 8:00 pm
Use social networking to get YOU working!
New York Times bestselling author Martin Yate has spent
thirty-four years in career management. His cutting edge strategies and
advice have helped millions land the job they want with new approaches
to resumes, networking, job search, turning interviews into offers, and
developing a revolutionary approach to career management called MeInc,
that empowers users to change the trajectory of their professional lives
forever. It's time to get serious about guiding the trajectory of your
life--begin by thinking of yourself as Me Inc., a financial entity that
must always act in the interests of its economic survival.
Martin Yate, CPC is one of the foremost experts in the world of job
search and career management. The bestselling author of Knock 'em Dead
Resumes, Knock 'em Dead Cover Letters, Knock 'em Dead: Secrets &
Strategies for Success in an Uncertain World, and numerous other books,
and former director of personnel for Bell Industries' Computer Memory
Division, he has helped millions of people turn their careers and lives
Contact: Martin Yate (912) 232-2358
Please visit www.knockemdead.com.
Book Review from CPAD Journals' latest issue, Volume 29 No.1:
"KNOCK em Dead, by Martin Yate. 2011.
Avon, MA: Adams Media. 374 pages. Paperback. $16.95.
Book’s Purpose or Theme This book, in its 26th edition, is a comprehensive
job search, interview, and job offer negotiation manual for first time
job searchers to career changers.
Brief Summary of Content Knock ‘em Dead begins with the logic of conducting a job search. Readers are instructed to determine their transferable skills, and professional values in order to develop a professional persona. Identification of each can be useful in writing a resume, in interviews and in follow up communications post-interview. A very extensive resume chapter (outlining each element of a resume) and networking chapter (describing social, community and professional networks) completes Part I. Part II highlights getting into “conversations as quickly and as often as possible with people who can hire you.” CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL ARTICLE.
At this interview, we shall discover what's new in the 2012 Edition of KNOCK em Dead and what's coming up in the 2013 Edition!
Before we begin, here are a few instructions for listeners:
- If you have a question, press 5* on your phone.
- Directly after the interview, be sure to fill out the evaluation linked to your call-in instructions, especially if you want to earn CEUs.
- Please register at least 24 - 48 hours before the interview so we have time to send out the call-in information.
- If you'd like to listen to more of these tele-interviews, and your organization is not currently a subscriber, contact me with someone I can talk with about subscribing your organization so you can listen for free (except for the cost of your distance provider). Email info@ careerwell.org or call 415.312.4294.
This is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwell Tele-Interviews. Our guest today, Martin Yate, is one of the foremost experts in the world of job search and career management. He is the bestselling author of Knock 'em Dead Resumes, Knock 'em Dead Cover Letters, Knock 'em Dead: Secrets & Strategies for Success in an Uncertain World, and numerous other books, and former director of personnel for Bell Industries' Computer Memory Division. As I calculate, Martin has published the Knocke-em Dead Series for over 26 years. Is that right, Martin?
- The topic of this interview is "Using Social Networking To Get YOU Working." What is your definition of "social networking?" Is it online networking, or does it also include in-person networking?
- What social networks to you advice us to use?
- What social networks do you use?
- What advice can you give listeners about using social networking to get you working?
- In the 2012 issue of KNOCK em Dead, you devote a chapter to social networking. Could you give us a taste of this chapter?
- What kinds of new social networks are emerging? Any benefits to joining specific social networks?
- Do you recommend phone messaging as a social network?
- How much time do you suggest be devoted to social networking per day?
- If listeners want to learn more about social networking to get YOU working, what do you suggest?
- How is your 2013 edition of KNOCK em Dead different from the past 26 editions?
- Thank you, Martin Yate. Now, I know listeners are eager to learn who will be featured in upcoming interviews:
- 1/24/13 Mike Whitty,How Do You Envision Leading Your Life between 70 and 100?
- 1/31/13 Jim Bright, Coaching with the Chaos Theory of Careers
- 2/28/13 Marcia Leventhal
- 3/7/13 Ron Elsdon, Business Behaving Well: Social Responsibility, from Learning to Doing
- 3/28/13 Lynn Ruth Miller, Starting a Career and 72 as Stand-Up Comedienne.
Thank you Martin Yate, thank you listeners. This is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwell Live and Recorded Tele-Interviews with Industry Experts.