- Members REGISTER HERE for this month's upcoming tele-interview. To sign up for current tele-interview and audio recording, click on your organization's name.
- If you are not a member of one of the organizations listed, fill out contact form at bottom of this Web Page.
- Visitors, download flyer to learn more.
Murray A. Mann and Rose Mary Bombela-Tobias
Thursday, January 20, 2011, 10 am Pacific, 11 am Mountain, noon Central, 1 pm EST, 2 pm Atlantic, 7 pm Zurich, 8 pm Istanbul
Multicultural Best Practices for Coaches, Career Services and Employers
Our rapidly evolving diverse workforce presents their own defining characteristics and demographic distinctions. Murray and Rose Mary will discuss the latest research, trends, best demonstrated practices, tools and resources essential to delivering culturally proficient job search, career and talent management coaching. Topics include the CULTURES™ coaching framework, leveraging client/employee cultural assets, and using the R.E.S.P.E.C.T.™ career management model, MICASA™ career inventory and job search/career roadmaps. Additionally, the latest employer multicultural talent acquisition, onboarding, development, performance and advancement strategies will be covered. Connecting these approaches translates into multicultural career success and employee engagement.
Murray A. Mann, CCM, CPBS, COIS and Rose Mary Bombela-Tobias are principals of Global Diversity Solutions Group LLC, a diversity-inclusion consulting and multicultural career management firm; authors of Barron’s The Complete Job Search Guide for Latinos; and career columnists in print and online. They each deliver more than 30 years of diversity-inclusion thought leadership and human resources management stewardship in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. They recently received the Brillante Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence.
Murray and Rose Mary have presented multicultural coaching and career management to the CMA, ICDC, ICF, Multicultural Forum on Workplace Diversity, NACE, National Association of Minority Media Executives, NCDA NRWA, Women of Color in Higher Education and more. The have been featured nationally in electronic media including 60 minutes; print media including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Diversity Inc., Black Enterprise, Hispanic Professional, etc; 16 professional journals and career management books. They have served on the boards of several industry and multicultural associations.
Murray A. Mann
Principal, Global Diversity Solutions Group, LLC
Forging Diversity Partnerships, Building Inclusive Workplaces
Co-author, Barron's The Complete Job Search Guide for Latinos
Diversity Intelligence Blog (diversityintelligence.com...
Latinos@Work Blog (bit.ly...
Twitter: DiversityIQ and LatinosAtWork
Opening Instructions for Listeners
Before we begin, here are a few instructions for listeners:
- If you have a question, press 5* on your phone.
- Directly after the interview, be sure to fill out the evaluation linked to your call-in instructions, especially if you want to earn CEUs.
- Please register at least 24 - 48 hours before the interview so we have time to send out the call-in information.
- If you'd like to listen to more of these tele-interviews, and your organization is not currently a subscriber, contact me with someone I can talk with about subscribing your organization so you can listen for free (except for the cost of your distance provider). Email info@ careerwell.org or call 415.312.4294.
This is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwell Tele-Interviews. Our guests today,
Murray A. Mann and Rose Mary Bombela-Tobias, will discuss Multicultural Best Practices for Coaches, Career Services and Employers. Murray and Rose Mary have presented multicultural coaching and career management to NACE, National Association of Minority Media Executives, NCDA, NRWA, Women of Color in Higher Education and many more organizations. The have been featured nationally on 60 minutes and in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Diversity Inc., Black Enterprise, Hispanic Professional, as well as 16 professional journals and career management books. They are authors of Barron’s The Complete Job Search Guide for Latinos, which I contributed to. These two are unstoppable! Listen carefully, download their information-filled powerpoint presentation in PDF format from careerwell.org, if you haven't already. We won't have much time for questions today, so fasten your seatbelts and let's hear how to support our rapidly expanding diverse workforce.
1. How did both of you get into multicultural issues for career development?
2. How can we leverage our clients' multicultural advantage for job search success? (define, Slides 1-4)
3. What do career practitioners need to know about working with multicultural clients? (Slides 5 - 7)
4. What are the challenges that employees have when they are applying for positions (Slide 8).
5. What are concrete things career practitioners do to help their multicultural clients? (Slides 9 -14)
6. What are employer diversity recruitment best practices? (Slide 15)
7. What are multicultural job search strategies? (Slide 16)
8. What is a multicural approach to personal branding? ( Slide 17)
9. Could you give an overview of multicultural career marketing documents? (Slide 18)
10. What role do mentors play in multicultural career sucess? (Slides 19 - 21)
11. What are specific networking strategies and how do you leverage them? (Slides 22- 24)
12. What are examples diversity social networking job search strategies and other multicultural networks? (Slides 25 - 26)
13. How do applicants get past the gatekeeper? (Slides 27 - 29)
14. How do you find companies that welcome multicultural employees? (Slide 30)
15. What are specific multicultural interview tactics? (Slides 31 - 32)
Murray and Rose Mary, you have given us valuable information to help us expand career services to diverse clients. On January 27, Janet Wall will talk about how free technology tools will help give you a web presence, collaborate with others, create videos without a webcam or camcorder, and make a podcast. Then in February, we are pleased to feture Norm Amundson from the University of British Columbia, on integrating life stories with health, Tristana Harvey, on environmental influences on social media, and Terry Webber, on the value of state websites for finding work. Until next week, this is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwell Tele-Interviews.