Thursday, January 24, 2013, 8:00 am Pacific, 9:00 am Mountain, 10:00 am Central, 11:00 am EST, 12:00 pm Atlantic, 6:00 pm Zurich, 7:00 pm Istanbul, Dubai 9:00 pm
How Do You Envision Filling Your Life Between 70 and 100?
We are creating our futures and building a life legacy. Why not step up to your spiritual elderhood? Our elder generation has the unique life opportunity to impact the boomers with a values-based leadership affirming the future. Youth and age can collaborate to build a positive future? Don't sit back or just react! Focus hope!
Professor Mike Whitty offers a workshop on becoming a spiritual elder and flunking retirement. Dr Whitty consults on pension issues, simple living/frugal economics and building a life legacy that leaves a real mark on society & the world. He is an interdisciplinary scholar/writer with publications covering global issues affecting business and society with special attention to global business trends. Dr. Whitty's writings are published in Global Times (Denmark), New Renaissance (Germany) and the Chinmaya Management Review (India) as well as the Multinational Business Review. He taught in Mexico, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Canada in a 35-year career of innovative teaching. He has taught courses in three University of Detroit Mercy colleges (Business, Liberals Arts and Architecture) and has conducted trainings for the UAW/General Motors Human Resources Center, UAW/Chrysler and many business, community and professional groups.
Before we begin, here are a few instructions for listeners:
- If you have a question, press 5* on your phone.
- Directly after the interview, be sure to fill out the evaluation linked to your call-in instructions, especially if you want to earn CEUs.
- Please register at least 24 - 48 hours before the interview so we have time to send out the call-in information.
- If you'd like to listen to more of these tele-interviews, and your organization is not currently a subscriber, contact me with someone I can talk with about subscribing your organization so you can listen for free (except for the cost of your distance provider). Email info@ careerwell.org or call 415.312.4294.
This is Dr. Sally Gelardin with Careerwelll Tele-Interviews.Professor Mike Whitty will talk about becoming a spiritual elder and flunking retirement. Dr Whitty consults on pension issues, simple living/frugal economics and building a life legacy that leaves a real mark on society & the world. In a 35-year career of innovative teaching, he has taught courses in three University of Detroit Mercy colleges (Business, Liberals Arts and Architecture) and has conducted trainings for the UAW/General Motors Human Resources Center, UAW/Chrysler and many business, community and professional groups.Welcome Mike!
- How does this topic fit into career and wellness?
- What do you mean about building your life legacy?
- What is spiritual elderhood?
- What do you mean about being the possible human?
- What do you mean by a value-based leadership affirming the future?
- What if you still have to earn a living, have caregiving responsibilities, and have physical challenges? How can you be a leader?
- How do you fill your life between 70 and 100?
- What if you live in a part of the country or world, where the weather is snowy or rainy?
- How can youth and age socialize and collaborate? (work, politics, play)
- How can you change from being reactive to being proactive?
- Tell us what you are doing to be proactive, specifically as relates to the Gray Panthers?
Thank you, Mike. Listeners, stay tuned for the following upcoming interviews:
- 1/31/13 Jim Bright, Coaching with the Chaos Theory of Careers
- 2/28/13 Marcia Leventhal
- 3/7/13 Ron Elsdon, Business Behaving Well: Social Responsibility, from Learning to Doing
- 3/28/13 Lynn Ruth Miller, Starting a Career and 72 as Stand-Up Comedienne.